Friday 27 March 2020

Day 18

Tuesday 17th 

Yesterday was the last 'in person' thing I did in Luton. In the afternoon I decide its the last day I can do as it feels too risky now. Alongside Quite Down There and Revoluton we agree to stop the residency, and I return home to London that night. We speak about what can be carried out online or via the phone and I am grateful that on Tuesday I am still able to participate in two of the planned events.

Firstly I'm on Inspire FM with Imrana - a brilliant community activist who amongst other things works with Revoluton, runs a book club, as well as has her own weekly radio show 'The Book Club Show'.

It was great to talk a little about the residency, and I really appreciated all of Imrana's questions. It made me think more about blog writing, and as I was speaking I realised how beneficial it has been for me to write and bring together my experience of being in Luton in this way. It has been an interesting, and in many ways joyful! month. 

I personally find it excruciating to listen back to myself talking - but you can listen in here...
https://www.facebook.com/inspirefmluton/videos/207575447258350/

---

In the evening I had the pleasure to join The Book Club online as we discussed the Touch Test with artist Sudha Bhuchar. It was such a fun and interesting experience, and I finished feeling excited by the possibilities that the next few weeks in isolation could bring. Using the internet like this feels like one of the best and most important ways to use this resource.

We were discussing The Touch Test, and I was really amazed to be part of a space that was held so well by Sudha, one that felt safe and allowed for intimacy. So often I have only experienced this in person - particularly being part of a group of people I don't know well.


Thanks to Imrana for this screen shot of our chat!



AND THANK YOU THANK YOU LUTON